Sunday, June 1, 2014

Summer Kick Off

Is anyone else excited for summer?  Well I am; I am already counting down the days and cannot wait until my days are free from school.  Every year since I can remember my family has spent Memorial day weekend at our really close friend's beautiful home at a private beach in Dewey, Delaware.  My family goes with two other families that all have three kids, so needless to say there is always something fun happening.  I love going to Dewey Beach because my parents actually met at a bar there, called the Starboard; it is really cool to see where they first saw each other.  This weekend was a nice preview to the summer, I just wish I could fast forward to the real deal.

                         A beautiful shot from the deck of the house facing the ocean.  

My older brother Quinn made a huge bon fire on the beach our last night

We all decided to wear face paint (actually colored zinc) to be silly and dance around the fire like Native Americans. 

Ignore my harsh reaction to flash.  

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend and Memorial Day.  I would like to thank our armed forces who fight so that we can live our lives.  

Here are some of my favorite places in the Dewey and Rehoboth Beach....


-Starboard (where my parents met) 
                                            2009 Coastal Hwy, Dewey Beach, DE 19971      (302) 227-4600

                                      -Sharky's Grill  (the best cuban sandwiches you will ever have) 
                                            http://www.sharkysgrill.com  

                                       -Hula Sue (cute and cheap jewelry and clothes) 
  1.                                      149 Rehoboth Ave, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   (302) 227-1012

    XOXO 

    Olivia  


2 comments:

  1. Great pics Liv! Great weekend memories. xxoo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had not been there, too, I'd be jealous!! Great job, Olivia!! -- "Mrs." Francis :)

    ReplyDelete