Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Top Five on Netflix

I can easily say that I am one of the busiest people I know.  I am only a freshman in high school although, I can already see my crazy future coming together.  I take all intensified classes, play three sports and maintain a high GPA.  When its finally time to settle down and take a break from all the mayhem; I either hang out with my friends or if I just want to be by myself I will watch Netflix. My parents bought both my little brother and me Kindle Fires last year for Christmas, thinking that it would be a great way for us to read more; although, it backfired when we both downloaded the Netflix app.  I watch Netflix on my kindle fire because it is so nice to be able to be in your own room and your own bed and relax.  Also, because I am so busy I do not have time to keep up with a lot of TV shows that are being shown live on TV (although I do keep up with a few!)  so when I have time during the week I open up Netflix and get addicted to a new show.

My Top Five on Netflix

1. Gossip Girl 
This is my all time favorite show and I cannot count how many times I have re-watched it.  Gossip Girl is about the lives of over privileged teens living on the Upper East Side in New York City; whose's secrets and scandals are shared publicly by the unanimous blogger, Gossip Girl (voiced by Kristen Bell).  It stars Blake Lively as Serena Van der Woodsen, the it girl; Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf, the Queen Bee.  Chace Crawford as Nate Archibald, the golden boy; Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass, the wealthy playboy and Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey, the outsider from Brooklyn.  I could watch the show just for the amazing fashion, handsome Chace Crawford and my love for NYC; although, I guess the dramatic plot is great too.  I know you will love it XOXO, GOSSIP GIRL! 

Netflix has all six seasons
2. Grey's Anatomy 
I have to be honest, I was a little against watching Grey's Anatomy because there are so many seasons on Netflix and I didn't know what I felt about a show about a hospital.  Although a lot of my friends started watching it, so I finally started it and I never looked back...... ITS AMAZING!!  Grey's Anatomy is a drama about the lives of five surgical interns and their coworkers at a hospital in Seattle.  It stars Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey, who is the daughter of the talented general surgeon, Ellis Grey.  Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang, who has a ruthless passion for cardiothoracic surgery. Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev, a hard-headed stubborn doctor.  Katherine Heigl as Dr. Izzie Stevens, Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey, nicknamed "The Nazi" in the first season.  Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepard, a world renowned Neuro surgeon (nicknamed McDreamy).  James Pickens Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber, the chief of surgery and Sara Ramirez as Dr. Callie Torres, an orthopedic surgeon.  This show is very dramatic and you actually learn a lot about surgery through watching the show.  Grey's Anatomy follows the personal and professional lives of the workers at the hospital and in every episode there is a new surgical situation; which allows for the viewers to never become bored with the show.  Warning: if you can absolutely not see blood, I suggest you do not watch this show; otherwise it is a must to your tv list.  
Netflix has nine seasons

3. How I Met Your Mother 
Be prepared to be constantly laughing while watching this show.  This is such a funny and clever TV show that will put anyone in a good mood.   How I Met Your Mother is about Ted telling his children how he met their mom and the stories that he and his four best friends experience in New York City, while he is on his search for the woman of his dreams.  It stars Josh Randor as Ted Mosby, a romantic architect looking for his future wife.  Jason Segel as Marshall Eriksen, a goofball lawyer who is best friends with Ted and boyfriend to Lily.  Alyson Hannigan as Lily Aldrin, an artist, kindergarten teacher and girlfriend to Marshall.  Cobie Smulders as Robin Scherbatsky, a Canadian news reporter and becomes best friend to Lily.  Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson, a wealthy business man and bachelor.  This show is about young adults enjoying their lives in NYC, while having fun they find themselves in ridiculous situations.  I hope when I am their age I will be like them.  This show is as Barney Stinson would say, "Legen wait for it Dairy.... Legendary!"  

Netflix has eight seasons

4. Desperate Housewives
My mom used to watch Desperate Housewives every Sunday night, so when I  saw they had it on Netflix, I obviously watched it.  Worst decision ever, I became addicted!  Desperate Housewives is about the lives of friends living in a suburban neighborhood, on a street called Wisteria Lane; and their secrets and scandals start to unfold after the mysterious suicide of one of their friends.  It stars Teri Hatcher as Susan Mayer, who is always getting herself into hilarious situations.  Felicity Huffman as Lynette Scavo, who used to be a successful business woman but is now the mother to four out of control children.  Marcia Cross as Bree Van de Kamp, the Martha Stewart of Wisteria Lane.  Eva Longoria as Gabrielle Solis, a retired supermodel who will do anything to get what she wants.  There is so much drama and mystery in Desperate Housewives you will keep watching to find out what will happen next.  
Netflix has all eight seasons

5. Friday Night Lights
If you're American than you love football.  My dad played football in college and my older brother is one of the stars of our high school football team; I have grown up going to games and loving the sport.  Even if you're not a big fan of the game, I guarantee you will find something you like about this show.  Friday Night Lights is about a small town Texas football team, and the lives of the players, coaches and families.  It stars Kyle Chandler as Eric Taylor, the head coach of the Dillion Panthers.  Connie Britton as Tami Taylor, wife of Coach Taylor and guidance counselor at the high school.  Aimee Teegarden as Julie Taylor, daughter of Coach and Tami Taylor.  Taylor Kitsch as Tim Riggins, the troubled full back/running back.  Zach Gilford as Matt Saracen, the shy quarter back.  Minka Kelly as Lyla Garrity, the peppy cheerleader and Scott Porter as Jason Street, the former star quarter back.  This show  depicts what high school football is like in Texas and makes you connect with the small town characters.  

Netflix has all five seasons


What are your favorite TV shows on Netflix?

XOXO
Olivia 









No comments:

Post a Comment